Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to determine a student’s eligibility for all types of federal financial aid including Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, student Stafford Loans (Subsidized & Unsubsidized) and parent PLUS Loan.
Note: To receive loans, an additional application process is required (see Loan Application Tip Sheet).
Before you begin, have the following information ready to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA.
** Applying for a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID)
1. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and click the top of the page “FSA ID”.
2. One parent (if you are considered a dependent student) will have to apply for a Federal Student Aid ID as well to sign your FAFSA.
The FSA ID will serve as an identifier and as an electronic signature for your FAFSA.
Theatre of Arts school code: 041588
1. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and click on Start A New FAFSA or Login*, select enter your FSA ID or student information and click NEXT.
2. Select the 2015-2016 application to begin. Note: For Renewal you must provide FSA ID first.
3. During the Income Assets portion, use the Data Retrieval Tool to import you and your parents 2014 federal tax information.
4. To submit: Sign with your FSA ID, for dependent students your parent must enter his/her FSA ID then select SUBMIT.
* Use Log in if you have completed a previous FASFA
Follow-Up (Theatre of Arts Financial Aid Office)
Please note that your FAFSA will only be reviewed after you submit an application for admission to TOA. Once you submit a FAFSA, you will be contacted by a Financial Aid Administrator (FAA) with further instructions. If your application is selected by the Department of Education for “verification”, you may be asked to complete further documents and provide a transcript of your federal taxes.
You may obtain a transcript by calling 1-800-908-9946 or go to https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do. Once everything is complete, your FAA will e-mail an award letter explaining any possible grants and loans you qualified for. Eligibility of any awards can only be determined by a FAA once the process is completed. The 2015-2016 FAFSA can cover up to 2 trimesters from July 2015 to June 2016.
If you need assistance completing the application or have any questions, please contact Guillermo Noboa at (323) 860-1155. Note: If you need help with the FAFSA, please have your tax documents ready when you come to our office for assistance.